Saturday, August 24, 2013

What a writer needs.

I have gone clothes shopping and I have also purchased some items that I think are probably pretty important if you want to write for a living or get in the habit of writing as a hobby. Now before I get into any of that I would just like to say that I really don't write, as a hobby or for a living. I have just got it into my head that for some odd reason, I'd like to write. I have always been curious about the art, but the more I want to well just write that more I feel it is the hardest thing in life to do.
So, be under no impression that I really know what I am talking about, but for the most part when it comes to suppling yourself with the right tools, I think I have some really good choice items to consider:
*Index card

*Wide barrel pens

*Agenda ( to keep on track)

*Clear removable notes (to correct mistakes without a mess)

*Highlighter

*Laptop (if you writer better with one)

*Composition book

*Thesaurus (they come in mini)

*Music (personal preference)

*Silence (limit distraction)

*File system (digital or non-digital)

I think that's it. To be quite honest with you I focused a lot on the low tech tools of the trade. There are so many information on things that you will need that is usually some software or other. I believe when you really want to write, it would be best to start with the pen and paper, you will know if it is for you or not right away. After that, you can advance to a more technical route. That's it for now. I hope you like the list and can make good use of it.


"Quantity produces quality. If you only write a few things, you're doomed." -- Ray Bradbury

No comments:

Post a Comment